• It is a bad thing
    • Don't care
  2. 2. Reason for its use

• Safety
    • Money
  3. 3. Would you vote to make it illegal

• Yes
    • No

If they serve you it is another 25.00. Just had to pay that for my wifes ticket. Camera ticket, She broke the law and we will pay the price. The game of life is made that way.

I have heard that you are not liable to pay the speeding photo radar ticket until you are formally served in person with the ticket. Most people just pay it when it comes in the mail, so they don't bother spending the money to serve people with the ticket in person. Can anyone confirm this?

Mark

That is true. For any ticket to be valid it must be served by a police officer or serving officer. You do not have to pay the ticket in the mail or show up at court until that is done. Typically the court has officers with the specific purpose of serving people that recieve photo radar tickets. Ive chucked two and im still good. One was by prescott's new ones, i figured for goin 32 in a 25 they wouldnt send an officer all the way to phoenix to serve me. I was right.

CouesAz is right they do serve and they will charge you to be served also and its 25.00 to get served. I honestly feel that your chances are better waiting to get served after all you have a better chance getting out of it waiting to get served then just giving up and paying the fine. Sometimes they will just give up. Here is another one I have heard: If they look at the picture and see a man driving they compare it to the registration and if there is a mans name they put that on the citation. If there is no mans name they can't give out a ticket and the same if it were a woman. So in order to get out af a ticket all you have to do is Register your wifes car in your name and when she gets a ticket she won't be a man (hopefully) and there won't be a ticket issued.

I have heard that you are not liable to pay the speeding photo radar ticket until you are formally served in person with the ticket. Most people just pay it when it comes in the mail, so they don't bother spending the money to serve people with the ticket in person. Can anyone confirm this?

Mark

That is true. For any ticket to be valid it must be served by a police officer or serving officer. You do not have to pay the ticket in the mail or show up at court until that is done. Typically the court has officers with the specific purpose of serving people that recieve photo radar tickets. Ive chucked two and im still good. One was by prescott's new ones, i figured for goin 32 in a 25 they wouldnt send an officer all the way to phoenix to serve me. I was right.

CouesAz is right they do serve and they will charge you to be served also and its 25.00 to get served. I honestly feel that your chances are better waiting to get served after all you have a better chance getting out of it waiting to get served then just giving up and paying the fine. Sometimes they will just give up. Here is another one I have heard: If they look at the picture and see a man driving they compare it to the registration and if there is a mans name they put that on the citation. If there is no mans name they can't give out a ticket and the same if it were a woman. So in order to get out af a ticket all you have to do is Register your wifes car in your name and when she gets a ticket she won't be a man (hopefully) and there won't be a ticket issued.

What if your name is Pat?

Was my wife in the photo and the ticket came in my name.

Was my wife in the photo and the ticket came in my name.

Oooh sorry there Jade If it helps any I don't think your wife looks like you or a man at all.....