Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Prop 2 in California

I don't usually watch Oprah, but was interested in what she had to say about animal rights.

California has a proposition up for vote, I am not sure if it is in addition to what they already voted in, or if this is their version of AZ Prop 204, but it is an interesting battle between animal rights and how meat, eggs and milk are produced.

Oprah actually did a pretty decent job of trying to present both sides of the story, bottom line is getting the public to sympathize with the animal and their rights.

Again, the general public has no concept of what it takes to raise meat and eggs and no concept of how well most of the animals are taken care of across the board. I am sure there are some shady production lines out there, but think of this...

Why does most of the things I buy in Wal Mart come from China.......so much regulation here that we would just as soon let the Chinese work in sweat shops to produce all of our commodities......yep we regulated it alright, right out of our own country.

One thing that was funny is at no time on the program did anybody every really show any sympathy for the animals getting killed for our meat eating pleasure, just that their stay here on earth wasn't a joyful experience for the animal.

----"One thing that was funny is at no time on the program did anybody every really show any sympathy for the animals getting killed for our meat eating pleasure, just that their stay here on earth wasn't a joyful experience for the animal."----

Oprah huh! Man whats up with that and you call yourself redneck most rednecks I know haven't ever heard of that. Just kidding sometimes its almost hypnotic so I know where your coming from... You have some great comments there the one above is funny Maybe we can make there lives happier before the are killed for food who knows that might make them taste better. I tend to take a hard right view on the rights of animals cause they do not have rights. Especially when they are food stock, my food doesn't not have rights other than the right to be eaten. I see people day in and day out who feel that animals are like people and that they should be treated like such. I work for a veterinarian. There are people who come in and swear they will do anything they can to save their animal from dying. That is until they find out haw much it costs for chemo, or other crap like that. The reality of it is until peoples actions start to portray what they say about animals then animals do not have rights. My actions will never give rights to animals. Instead of us doing the dirty work its sent overseas like you said. I think it is a whole lotta talk and little action.