Sign in to follow this  
couesdeerhntr

Bull shed questions summer location vs were they shed

If you find bachelor groups of elk in late july are those same bulls there when they are shedding there antlers? or are summer and shed areas different spots?Found some stud bulls last year in july and would love to see if there antlers are there from last year. i am going soon to see if i can find them again but i would love to find there sheds just not sure if they would be there. Starting to learn the game and learning what i need to be doing different for sure! Pm me if nobody wants to post it lol! Internet sucks these days

Just looking at pictures and it was first week of august when i found the bulls. They were in some very nasty stuff and only want to go in there if maybe there could be some horns. If not i will look from a far again lol.

Wanted to bring this question back up. I actually went in there and found some sheds they were old and not the size i was expecting but those bulls are there. When i saw them in early august they were still in velvet and pretty dang big. They were still together and didnt break off yet for any rut like behavior . My question is now do u think there is a chance they will be there for late rifle season in December? Seem to be there august and then back shedding there antlers in march and thru august.i am guessing i have a chance just want to see what you guys think

• Like 1