well thats too bad. You did get a pretty good laugh outa me with the "ludacris speed". I just watched again Space Balls last week

If you reload--you can get a Sierra HPBT in 107 gr--somebody used to make a 105 also--might still do. But I have had excellent success with the 100 gr on Mule deer & WT. On large animals--shot placement is a must--but they can be tack drivers. I have a M99E savage and the 1st 2 quick shots are great--but the 3rd one goes where it wants to--light barrel, I think is the problem. Wants to whip.

A well placed round from a .243 (100 gr.) will take just about anything down. The key words being "well placed". Be ethical with your shots. The .243 is a great coues killa!

For years I had a Remington Mohawk in .243 that my four sons used for their first several deer as they were growing up. We loaded Hornady Interlocks and Nosler partitions. They killed lots of deer out to 300 yards. I expect that factory loads would do as well. Whitetail aren't very big and the .243 is big enough for them at reasonable ranges. Jack