FOGGER

white tank bucks

hey coosefan have you had any luck on any muleys up there..and how did u get so close to that lion?dogs?

Yeah, i've killed a few smaller bucks up there with a rifle, one was up towards the towers but that was when Caterpillar owned the area where Verrado is now, I had permission to hunt it with a rifle at that time and was too trigger happy...should have held out :( Several buddy's have killed nice bucks with archery up there but it's a very tough hunt. I've always said you'll find less spooky deer in any of the surrounding units, those mountains see more pressure than any desert unit I've ever seen! You would think there would be less pressure, but even in the nastiest, farthest place you can find up there, there is always somebody walking, riding, or hunting through it! Hundreds of folks pound that single mountain range every season and a lot of them are hiking fools, and they do kill a few good bucks.

The Lion was with dogs and was not killed.......she almost took an arrow though ;)

WT3.jpg

This was killed up close to the top.........dang, I forgot how sexy I use to be :huh:

scan002400.jpg

And this one was killed in the flats.....

scan001500.jpg

Here's one of the hardest earned piggies I've killed.....way up on top.....almost not worth it :P

scan000900.jpg

Thats awsome thanks for the pics and the info..ya from my experiance allot of people hunt that mtn but for some reason that mtn range seems to hold allot more deer than the surrounding ones..do you experiance that? do you think its because the lack rifle hunters? or just better environment all together for them..

Thats awsome thanks for the pics and the info..ya from my experiance allot of people hunt that mtn but for some reason that mtn range seems to hold allot more deer than the surrounding ones..do you experiance that? do you think its because the lack rifle hunters? or just better environment all together for them..

The other ranges in the areas are severely lacking in water.

The other ranges in the areas are severely lacking in water.

Ditto ;) lot of springs in the WTanks

Boy Jimmy, that picture was back in the day when you weren't eating all of them vittles. I used to hunt pigs on the northwest end, but to many guys got to riding there quads up in there and spooking the herds. David