Sign in to follow this  
AZantlerhead

First Coues hunt and Buck, Unit 31

Thanks for the comments everyone :) , the comradery of this site and the passion for these majestic little deer shared by us is second to none!!!! ;) Keep it up! Good Luck, God Bless and Good Hunting.

GREAT BUCK! You are going to have to work hard to top that toad. Good job!

My dad helped me part of the way, used a #7 piece of rebar and carried it Native style. on the steep parts He helped me put it on my shoulders and i got it to the road for us. Carrying it double in the rough, thick stuff was actually harder than by myself but we worked it out. carried it about a mile to a dirt road i'd brought my truck up to cut the distance, lotts of new " memory scratches". :o :blink: :) :lol: I never guessed a coues could be heavy but he was as heavy as last years little 3x mullie 4- sure. Well worth it no question. His feet were big 4 a coues, gonna make gun racks out of them.

Outstanding buck, and good story. I know what you mean about carrying him out the old fashioned way, I have done that with a long pole years ago and that is hard work.

man what a great buck. way to stick it out and figure them boogers out. hes a toad :D