Sign in to follow this  
mattobertin

30-06 question

A friend brought over a WWII 30-06. I was wondering if any of you gun nuts could tell me about this thing. On the barrell it says US model of 1917 Eddy Stone. Are these things worth any money?

seems like the eddystone was a rifle built for America in England. it's an enfield chambered in '06 so the yanks could use their ammo in it. eddystone is the town in England where the plant was. real well made rifle, but they weigh a bunch. has that big pile o' steel on the back of the action where the vernier sight flips up. used to be a lot of them around in gun shops. seems like it has a one piece stock, where the enfield has a buttstock and a front stock, not just a forepiece. they have a huge ring of iron about where the grip started that divided the stock. been a long time since i saw either one. Lark.

seems like the eddystone was a rifle built for America in England. it's an enfield chambered in '06 so the yanks could use their ammo in it. eddystone is the town in England where the plant was. real well made rifle, but they weigh a bunch. has that big pile o' steel on the back of the action where the vernier sight flips up. used to be a lot of them around in gun shops. seems like it has a one piece stock, where the enfield has a buttstock and a front stock, not just a forepiece. they have a huge ring of iron about where the grip started that divided the stock. been a long time since i saw either one. Lark.

That sounds like it. Thanks for your help.