Sign in to follow this  
matthewp45

Remington AR-15

I just bought a Remington R15 in fear of being unable to buy one in the future due to recent political changes. It has a flat top and I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what kind of rings and scope would be good for it. Thanks.

You won't find better scope mounts than Larue....they run $200 but again you won't find better. A good scope is all up to you.....do you want 40mm or 50mm, variable power or fixed. Depending on $$ I'd set Leupold as the bottom line.

I went with the Larue quick detach mount on my AR-15. I zeroed it and then detached and remounted it and it came right back to zero. I use it in conjuction with the Troy Industries flip up sights.

Here is a photo of the scope mount and my cheap Redhead Illuminated 1.5 - 4 scope.

AR007.jpg

I just topped my R-15 off with a Nikon Monarch 3x12x42. Just like the last Monarch I bought, I had the guy at the counter take out a VX III, Zeiss Conquest and the Monarch (all priced within $50 of each other). Again I took the Monarch over both the others. Not sure why but I find the sight picture faster with the Monarch and Optically, It's hard to tell the difference between the three.......

I just picked up an ar15 for the same reason. Should be here this week. Flat top upper so I have the same decision to make.

I used a set of Burris Xtreme Tactical mounts, they are inexpensive and very strong/sturdy. 6 bolts on top!

I think Leupold is as good as it gets wothout spending swaro or USoptics or Nightforce prices.

Something a little less expensive but still pretty darn good is the Nikon

My two cents worth.