swede

New to the forum

Been bow huntin Az. since 1978 but have only visited this site a few times. I registered today after reading the "no more salt" thread. I have not read the entire thread yet but I get the picture. I have always been one to give AZGF the benefit of the doubt when it comes to hunts, management and regs. but that has been changing in the last few years especially with numbers mngmnt and the so called "opportunity hunts". I am not here to bash game and fish or get on my soapbox (although I have a few), but more so to be informed and do my part to stand up for what is right in the face of so much seemingly going wrong with hunting in general.

I am not much of a cyber hunter but do hit another site now and then. One thing I have noticed from being on sites is that hunters seem to be divided on a lot of issues. Thats disturbing to me as I have not experienced this in the circle of people I have hunted with over the years. Again, I am not speaking to anyone directly but I just feel its time for me to start attending meetings, even Game and Fish meetings,:^( to be informed and stand with these other hunters who obviously are working hard to keep an eye on whats going on with our state.

I really enjoy the stories and pics you guys post and have a lot of respect for the ones who hunt Coues with a bow. I have chased them but have never taken one with a bow. I am more of a mulie man but do love those whitetail.

Sorry for the long post but wanted to introduce myself and wish you all a good hunt in Dec. & Jan. I will be out hitting the hills with you again. GoodLuck!

Welcome! :) Are you strictly a bowhunter, or do you rifle hunt also? I am a two season hunter rifle/bow, but I always enjoy the late archery hunt, it can be alot of fun.

Snapshot- I have pretty much evolved into strictly a bow hunter but still try for the strip and Kaibab rifle tags each year. I guess hunting elk and deer in the rut has been a big draw for me and I rarely fight crowds while bow hunting.

Headache- I like your pic!!