Took the scope off, preparing for New Mexico coues hunt. Gotta take it out and see if I can shoot it with iron sights only.

20230509_185125~2.jpg

Good luck with  your hunt . Alot of guys that can't  run scopes  are running  adjustable  peep sights . I think  there made by Williams.  Hope they don't  do that  here . It was  hard enough  to get the wife to believe  I needed another  5x25x56 nightforce  scope for my muzzy.  It will  be even  harder  to explain  if I can't  use it.😡

Couestracker, congratulations on a New Mexico coues deer muzzleloader tag.  Last year I bought a replacement Brux .45 caliber barrel for my TC Encore in anticipation of putting in for New Mexico MZ tag, but things changed….

Specifically for the New Mexico regulations concerning restrictions under “legal sporting arms, restricted muzzleloader deer”, I read it as;

https://www.wildlife.state.nm.us/hunting/general-rules/big-game-rules/

“No in-line ignition” 

This change affected me putting in for the MZ deer hunt, looks like I’ll have to be making some adjustments to my MZ hunting setup for NM, not sure if it applies to your specific tag.

Good Luck!

Couesloco

My hunt isn't a restricted muzzleloader hunt. Thanks for the heads up though.

6 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

Good luck with  your hunt . Alot of guys that can't  run scopes  are running  adjustable  peep sights . I think  there made by Williams.  Hope they don't  do that  here . It was  hard enough  to get the wife to believe  I needed another  5x25x56 nightforce  scope for my muzzy.  It will  be even  harder  to explain  if I can't  use it.😡

I'm going to check into those peep sights, another friend suggested them as well.

Thanks!