It's cause coues taste so much better than mulies, even better than an alphalpha fed colorado mule deer spike. (my first mulie)

I hope ya'll know that I'm just kiddin' about Coues deer. They are magnificent, neat animals that I greatly respect and am fascinated with. I actually have considered moving to Tucson to pursue them full-time. To all you younger hunters, pursuing Coues deer is a great, challenging, fulfilling hobby that can be developed into a full-time one and you can usually draw a tag somewhere (or hunt NM) every year. Get motivated and get after it!

Rembrandt, thanks for the correct pronunciation of Mazatzal! I've always been too embarrassed to ask my AZ buddies about that one. I say "Cows", and talk about getting strange looks from folks around here! They reply "What kind of deer???" Cows. "What kind???" Cooze. "What kind???" ARIZONA WHITETAIL! Hahahaha.

Rembrandt, I'm eyeballing your artwork pretty close these days. I need a Coues print for my new house. I may be in touch. BTW, congrats on a great 23 buck and a memorable backcountry trip with your brother. Thanks for posting it on this forum!