Anyone on here ever hunted chuckar in Arizona? It became an obsession of mine back in Nevada, and I saw that there's supposed to be some hill partridges up north in the state. If coues deer hunting is a poor man's sheep hunt, then chuckar hunting must be a poor man's coues hunt. Either way its a blast. I'm gonna do some hunting back home over the next two weeks, hopefully I'll have some pictures for everyone.

Ive always wanted to but they are SO far out of my way. I have a budy up in Utah that is a hard core chuckar hunter and tells me all about it. One day I'll make it up there for a hunt. I just talked to him though and he said this year was not very good for them up there. He is planning on comeing down here for a 2-3 day quail hunt in the end of January and he just loves the fact that he can shot so many birds in one day.

I've never hunted the darn things but from what I've seen you could get a serious workout hunting them! I saw more Chukars this year than I ever have in the past. I have only seen them on the west side of the Kaibab and they seem to love flying across canyons! One of these days I'll remember to take the shotgun! JIM>

the only ones that I have ever seen in this state took about 2 steps and dove into Havasupi canyon and landed about a half mile straight down the cliff. Would not do any good to shoot them if you have to rappel half a mile to recover them. :blink: