Coues Archer

Need Serious Help!

could you by any chance tell anything by the blood? lung/stomach/...... that will give you a good idea how far he will go. If its a new blood trail ill bet the arrow is still in him and never fell out probably kept making new cuts grid it out with a bunch of people and leave nothing un covered what is the country like?

Good and not so good sign.

The buck is still alive (good sign)

Get back out there in the morning.

Hope you flaged every thing. (I like tp on the ground)

Smell, Look, Listen. There is more to tracking than looking for blood.

Go in quite and if you can't find him bring in the troops.

Even a hung over partier might stumble onto something ;)

Best of luck to you

The arrow stayed in him. and the country is tall grass and lots of mesquite.

Alum. or Carbon?

If he breaks it off at body line and stops cutting him every time

he hits a branch he could survive for the rest of his natural life.

Be positive bud

As much as I love to SLAM them to the ground (no Tracking)

I do enjoy the tough track (I know, But I enjoy it if it is not below 40@ :P )

hello - from my limited experience on tracking a poor hit animal - They generally travel the easiest route - You say the blood you found today was 100 yrds long - Were you up on the hill side - headed down etc. Get a mental picture , which looks like the easiest way down ! Most injured animals will head down- hill and like a previous post, they will head for water ! You didn't say if the blood you found today was old or fairly fresh - Follow any game trails you may come accross! He may still be alive, I've seen a gut shot buck last for a week -If you didn't hit a vital -heart, lung , nothing says this buck won't survive a few more days ! Get more help - you may be thinking I don't want to give away my secret spot - Sounds like help is here and available - your option - Another day and all you may get is the rack ! if your real lucky. The more eyes and manpower you get the better your chances ! It's your choice --- Gary

I shot this buck with a carbon arrow. And from what it looked like the blood looks some what fresh/ the day i shot him. The terrain i shot this buck in is in the flats no mountains or hills and near where i shot him are trails of deer that go at a down ward slope across a ditch. Havent found mayne source of water though!

Hey guys went back out to the blood trail and added about twenty more yards of very little blood and then it stopped. What I'm thinking is maybe the blood clotted inside him and is not dripping blood anymore. I have also not seen any ravens or coyotes in the area ive also stayed there in the night and not heard any coyotes.

I'm starting to think that maybe i didnt hit the heart and maybe skinned his lungs because the blood is a light color but bubbly. <_< . Also I really appreciate all the help you guys are offering . but i will send an email or call one of you if i need help. THANK YOU