Sign in to follow this  
catclaw

Posting photo in Personal Message

How do I post a photo in a PM. There is no browse function and when I use photobucket- it says that I am linking to a website that the administrator does not allow!

Most likely if you are getting some kind of message about the link not being allowed by the administrator it is probably just an error in the way the link is posted. I got the same error recently while trying to post a photo in a thread, but it really had to do with having the URL codes in the wrong place. Anyway, I haven't ever tried posting a photo in a PM, so I will have to test it out and see if I can figure it out. I will let you know.

Amanda

Ok, I sent you a test PM with a link to an image in it and you replied you were able to see it. So apparently it works fine to insert an image into a PM.

Essentially it's done the same as for a post except that, as you mentioned, there is no browsing for attachments to upload. Instead, images must already be online somewhere (like photobucket) and you can insert the link as you would in a regular post. Use the little button above the text box that is two over to the right from the smiley face. The button looks like a sunset photo in a frame (if you use your imagination). Click on it and a text box will pop up where you can insert the complete URL to the image. If the text box doesn't pop up it's probably because your browser is set to block scripts. You have to allow scripts to run to make it work. That should work for you.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Amanda