Sign in to follow this  
campmeat

Blood tracking dogs

4 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

I would be furious... can't imagine why someone would even want a bull they did not shoot.  Is it possible it was not a kill shot and the other hunter finished him off? Any other blood spot that would indicate this as a possibility?

If it wasn’t a kill shot , the other hunter shot it after dark , or after the hunt was over.

The fact that the other hunter described the bull to my buddy after my buddy told him he shot a bull off the tank .

I get the keep a open mind about it , but I truly don’t think that is the situation here.

29 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

How were they able to get in gut and haul the bull out whole without your friend knowing? 

My buddy backed out to let the bull expire since it was dark out and didn’t want to bump him 

On 9/30/2023 at 5:12 PM, PRDATR said:

Unfortunately that does happen. In highly congested areas an animal may take a less than lethal shot and go hundreds of yards while the hunter patiently waits before pursuing it as to not push it. During that time another hunter may encounter it and make the final kill shot and legally tag it.

As far as tracking goes I am pretty certain that a hunter cannot track a wounded animal with a dog in AZ. There are about a dozen States where deer can be hunted with dogs and in those cases you can use a dog to track them.

You cannot use a dog to track wounded animals except for Mt. lion or bears in AZ...

• Like 1