Sign in to follow this  
Moondizzle

ISO Helium Tank (High pressure DOT) kind

Looking for an old but usable helium tank that can be refilled. My sister is the PTO president at her sons school and is trying to source a helium tank she could use for their events and what not. Let me know!

Edited by Moondizzle
typo

What size? 

40, 80, 125 cu/ft?

Since helium is innert, flammability is not a concern. But proper transportation and max temperature avoidance/regulation of highly compressed gas needs to be observed and followed to avoid possible explosions and potentially life ending situations.

11 hours ago, Moondizzle said:

Good question, what would the size of a 5ft tall tank be?

Transporting it, because of weight and size, would be the problem with a 50" 300CF.

I recommend you visit a welding gas supply company and try to move the different sizes tanks before you buy one.

Also, tanks have to be inspected/hydro tested and pass at certain time intervals to remain safely in service. The tank needs to be secured such that it will not fall while standing. A good gas cylinder cart would help with some mobility and stability.

You should be able to research most on line or through conversing in person at the welding/gas store.

Best wishes.

I am not a know it all. I've just done many things in life and am getting too old to still do some efficiently. And I still make too many mistakes for my own comfort.

• Like 1