Sign in to follow this  
desert ranger

Traditional Archery

I'm rather new to this website and just wonder if there are other traditional archers here. Bowhunting starting with a 25# longbow has been an interest my mine since I was about 12. About 9 years ago I returned to recurve and longbows and am having the time of my life! Anyone else?

I began hunting with a recurve 3 years ago after 20 with training wheels. I'm having a blast and killed my first buck with it in September.

Kevin

Same here. Started shooting a Black Widow Recurve a few years ago with some help of a good friend. I was fortunate enough to harvest a Coues buck with it spot/stalk about 3 years ago. Was going to go after Javelina next month with it, but think I am going to take the ole t/c Renegade instead.

jeff

I got into traditional archery a few years ago and love it. Have a few Widows (recurves and a longbow) and a few others. My primary goto is my Thunderhorn longbow that I absolutely love. Took a pig in 2008 and another this last weekend for 2009. Had an opportunity to go after a nice 3 point mulie the weekend before last but chickened out last minute and grabbed my compound and started my stalk. Put an hour stalk and popped over the hill and he was looking directly at me. Range finder was picking up grass and trees in front and behind, bottom line I guessed the wrong yardage and shot just under. I feel if I would have had my longbow and not have punked out I would have been successful, but now I'll never know... :( Three days later and after a 2 1/2 hour stalk on a nice 3 point whitetail approx 95" the same thing..... couldn't get an exact yardage and shooting steep down hill shot just over his back. I feel I could have made that with the longbow as well. I hope I can get the courage to take my longbow this weekend, but also really want to kill.