Sign in to follow this  
Tbar

Sitting water on a full moon

Remember your hunting a wild animal, a giant may come in. I've notice more deer activity during the middle of the day with full moon. 10am to 2pm

• Like 1

Go glass, do not sit water for at least a week. Put a camera up…. Oh wait that’s illegal now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wildwoody said:

Remember your hunting a wild animal, a giant may come in. I've notice more deer activity during the middle of the day with full moon. 10am to 2pm

I definitely noticed that down south. I sat water and didn’t see a single deer until 930. It seemed like once the sun hit the water, they all came in. That 10am-2pm rule is true. 

8 hours ago, 206 said:

Go glass, do not sit water for at least a week. Put a camera up…. Oh wait that’s illegal now.

I might try to go the weekend after Christmas if I can get those days off. Works been all over the place. I did come across a ton of cameras. I don’t think people really care lol

10 hours ago, Chef said:

I was in the 36's during this first October hunt.

Full moon. 

I saw 16 bucks on the morning of day one. 

At one time, I had four bucks in the field of view of my binos.

This is the highest number of bucks I have seen in one morning; it was nuts and totally went against what I thought would happen.

One day we glassed over a spring tank at a distance, and saw Coues hit it between 1PM to 3PM. 

I stopped counting at 30 does.  Nuts.

That’s awesome! I helped a coworker of mine in 36B. Couldn’t believe how many deer were there. I think a lot of people get discouraged because the border is so close.