Sign in to follow this  
newbee

.243 or .308

w/ all the help and much deliberation im leaning toward the .308-and now debating the platform im going to choose..

I love my toys :D Ive always been a remington fan, savage has some nice TOOls of the trade-and my personal favorite flavor for a .308 is an M-14 but ouch$$$ :P

ernesto had a good advice about my tax return B)

heres an added thought-

does anyone have any input on the new trend of short barrels - mostly geared for LE .

any thoughts??

Guest Ernesto C

newbee,that's how I got my Docters 15X60's and tripod last year,with the tax return. B)

My wife has a Savage 308 cal. she loves it and it's really an accurate rifle 3 shots within 1/2 inch at 100 yards. She also loves the 270 cal.

Take care and God bless.

Ernesto C.

i think I was in the same place you were last fall. The consensus(sp) was .270 you all thought it was light enough for Couse and could be loaded enough for Elk. What else do you need. I 'm glad i got it. first savage and it was a leftover at walmart. No accu trigger on the older model. composite stock is not my favorite but not abig deal. I was in teh black at 200 yards with factory loads and the stock scope within 10 shots. For the $199 I paid I think its a great deal. My theory now is at the end of the day if you can shoot strait there is a good shance the weapon will to. If I had the cash I would have gotten the ruger now I'm glad I did'nt