Sign in to follow this  
JohnO

Pagosa Springs GMU 77,771 and 78

Anyone here have interest in partnering on a hunt around Pagosa Springs (GMU 77,771,78)?  I did this 2 years ago and got a small 4x4 bull by myself.  The hike out for me was 2.5 miles round trip 5 times (12.5 miles total) and it kind of wiped me out.  Probably won't apply unless I could partner up with someone.  According to a new feature in OnX maps, Non-residents may get drawn with a very low amount of points.  Reply back or direct message if you're interested in discussing.  Draw is open now and you have to submit by April 2nd.  Results posted May 28-31.

Archery. There is a muzzleloader season for 1 week right in the middle of the month long archery season, sometime in mid September. So you have to keep your eyes out for those guys while your archery hunting. 

4 hours ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

Whats the dates?

September 2  to 30th.   Same season for deer in that unit and if you get drawn for Elk or Deer in those units, they have a feature where you can add a bear tag.   I saw many bears during my hunt but I did not purchase a tag, because it was my first trip to that part of Colorado.   Here's the Colorado Parks and wildlife Big Game publication on their website with fees, dates, etc.

https://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/RulesRegs/Brochure/BigGame/biggame.pdf

One thing I just remembered.   You have to have completed Hunter Education and carry the card with you while you are hunting.   If you got Hunter Ed here in AZ, then it's good to use in Colorado hunts.