Sign in to follow this  
bighit

WTB 410 shotgun for my kids

Looking for a 410 shotgun for my kids

if you have one laying around you want to get rid of or if you know somebody that does.

Thanks.

Just a thought. I had a .410 for my son. Ammo was hard to find and almost $30 a box. For Christmas I bought him a 20ga semi auto for $275. He says it kicks way less and ammo is $9 a box with tons of options.  

• Like 6

Seems like we've had this discussion many times.  I agree with thegunsmith2506.  20 ga is so much more prevalent and cheaper.  Also, a .410 is an expert's gun and not forgiving.  I ended up (30 yrs ago) getting my son this tiny, light, single shot.  It kicked pretty good but I reloaded a couple boxes of the lightest load recipes I could find and it didn't take him long at all to get up to the full loads.  The single shot taught him to manage the gun properly with the increased safety afforded by a single shot.  NOTE:  the gun is only good for 1 or 2 seasons due to kid growth and he will want to get to the multiple shot guns as soon as possible.  Finally, if you cut down a stock for the first year, be sure to get another full size -- those kids grow really quickly at around 10 yr old.  

• Like 4

I have a 410/22LR i think it is made by HR?  It has interchangeable barrels and a case.  It has a plastic stock.  Give me a call if your interested 602-670-2787 Im in gilbert