Sign in to follow this  
Coues 'n' Sheep

I gotta Know..... ATV Use....

I gotta Know..... ATV Use....  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Do you understand that we are not suppose to drive our ATV's cross country for no reason?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you choose to drive cross country anyway?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. What do you use your ATV/UTV for?

• Getting from point "A" to point "B" on rough roads.
    • Getting from point "A" to point "B" reguardless of the roads.
    • For the Removal of game from the field
    • For wood cutting to reduce damage to the forest and your truck.
    • For horn hunting cross country
    • For cross country recreation
    • For only on road use no matter what!!
  4. 4. If you do use your ATV/UTV cross country, do you worry about getting a ticket?

• Nope!
    • Yeah, but I'll take my chances....
    • No, cuz I only do it to retrieve down game.
    • No cuz I will never go off road!!!
  5. 5. If you caught someone breaking the law by horn hunting cross country what would you do?

• Jerk them of the machine & throw them a Beating.
    • Take lic plate # and turn them in.
    • Inform them that they are wrong and ask them to follow the rules.

Lot's of good info and comments here. I just wanted to chime in a bit. As of right now on the Kaibab and Coconino National forests as long as the wet weather travel restrictions are not in place(currenty the Kaibab Tusayan district has no restrictions) it is perfectly legal to drive your ATV cross country as long as it's not a posted motorized vehicle restricted area or wilderness area and as long as you don't tear up the land and habitat. Not trying to stir the pot just stating the facts that as long as you cross country by the rules nobody can write you a ticket. Again not saying it's right but that's how it is. This will all change when the new travel management plan goes into effect in 09/2009. Again other forests have other rules like the Prescott is NO OFF ROAD TRAVEL. Don't take this the wrong way it just is what it is and no sence in griping about it till it's illegal.

I bet Geoff found that big set of elk sheds, in his avatar picture, from his quad..........

Lot's of good info and comments here. I just wanted to chime in a bit. As of right now on the Kaibab and Coconino National forests as long as the wet weather travel restrictions are not in place(currenty the Kaibab Tusayan district has no restrictions) it is perfectly legal to drive your ATV cross country as long as it's not a posted motorized vehicle restricted area or wilderness area and as long as you don't tear up the land and habitat. Not trying to stir the pot just stating the facts that as long as you cross country by the rules nobody can write you a ticket. Again not saying it's right but that's how it is. This will all change when the new travel management plan goes into effect in 09/2009. Again other forests have other rules like the Prescott is NO OFF ROAD TRAVEL. Don't take this the wrong way it just is what it is and no sence in griping about it till it's illegal.

After a fishing trip to Greer I was told by the forest service that cross country travel was ok. Go figure! :)

TJ

Grong you know you were the firts person I called that morning I picked up that big set and you know I was huffin and puffing from draging my fat butt out of that canyon with those horns, all foot work there baby, you ain't getting any quad into that country and as you know that's all wilderness!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!! I've been asking you when you want to go in there now pony up and lets march in there and pick up the brownies that I know are littering the ground in there!!

Geoff