elkman

san carlos

any report from this weekend. Anyone doing any good. Heading up tues or weds just wanting to know how many minnows to buy.

I have'nt heard anything, but I will be heading up thursday and friday so let me know how you do. They should be coming in soon with the weather warming up. Good luck.

I have'nt heard anything, but I will be heading up thursday and friday so let me know how you do. They should be coming in soon with the weather warming up. Good luck.

Soon is here as of 4 days ago. :D

Elkman,

Just got back from San Carlos after being there since last Wednesday. Yea Haw :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Wed. was pretty stable (not furious) when we got there. Thurs. WINDY and Quick Rainstorm. :( :( didn't even think about going out. Fri. Slow for us. Saw a kid with about 6 good size who was fishing from shore where the river comes in. Sat. Pick-up'ed 13 within about 2 hours of slow trolling. Biggest 2 1/2 lb. and all over 1 lb. Really didn't fish in the massive floatilla so can't give any feedback. Seems like two areas everyone is at is the San Carlos Memorial and directly East near the farthest shore. Lots of fish on radar between 5 and 8 feet. but didn't like what we were offering. Could have been due to the wind that picked up as storms past to the south and NE We got some nice ones NE east of the memorial across from the (pelicans). I was using a black/blue jig with minnow attached. Water is cloudy in this area. Clear the closer you get to the Dam. water temp 58-61 degrees. Caught some Bass, Cats, And one Crappie from where we were camped. A friend of my cousin caught some very good Bass in the clear water. Heard one was over 9lbs. Yeah TATAat27 I'm sure someone has found them in abundance right near shore. All the females we caught still have their eggs. Good luck and happy fishing. :P :P

Again if you had very long legs you could have walked on water from boat to boat LOL. Close to 80-100 boats in Today's floatilla.

sounds like you hsd s good week up there. We will be heading up tuesday. Hope for calm conditions.

On a second note does anyone know if its legal to bow fish up there for carp. man there were alot last week. thanks for the replies. Josh

we were catching them on a yellow and green grubs around 12 ft. down good luck weather seems to be gettin better

Pretty much if you were fortunate to get in them. Yellow/green ( was that John Deere) , also Acid rain. But i still think you need to chase a minnow with them. Pretty much kept thinking to myself that these fish have seen everything thrown at them and their still hitting. I also wanted to thank Saguaro Tackle and Archery for giving me my minnows and tips. Going to try to get back up there soon. Good luck, Richard

Elkman,

Just got back from San Carlos after being there since last Wednesday. Yea Haw :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Wed. was pretty stable (not furious) when we got there. Thurs. WINDY and Quick Rainstorm. :( :( didn't even think about going out. Fri. Slow for us. Saw a kid with about 6 good size who was fishing from shore where the river comes in. Sat. Pick-up'ed 13 within about 2 hours of slow trolling. Biggest 2 1/2 lb. and all over 1 lb. Really didn't fish in the massive floatilla so can't give any feedback. Seems like two areas everyone is at is the San Carlos Memorial and directly East near the farthest shore. Lots of fish on radar between 5 and 8 feet. but didn't like what we were offering. Could have been due to the wind that picked up as storms past to the south and NE We got some nice ones NE east of the memorial across from the (pelicans). I was using a black/blue jig with minnow attached. Water is cloudy in this area. Clear the closer you get to the Dam. water temp 58-61 degrees. Caught some Bass, Cats, And one Crappie from where we were camped. A friend of my cousin caught some very good Bass in the clear water. Heard one was over 9lbs. Yeah TATAat27 I'm sure someone has found them in abundance right near shore. All the females we caught still have their eggs. Good luck and happy fishing. :P :P

Again if you had very long legs you could have walked on water from boat to boat LOL. Close to 80-100 boats in Today's floatilla.

Wow, that is the best fishing report I've ever read, I wish San Carlos wasn't about 7 hours away.

--Bill

WFGinNM ,

7 hours isn't that bad for some good fishing. Even with with tribal fees lodged somewhere back there. We had fun. But like earlier said they haven't yet entirely spawned ,if at all. So it can only get better once they move in. If you don't mind paying the fee. If I may, Give Jesse over at Saguaro Tackle and Archery a call for some information. He's in Tucson and Knows his fishing. He's helped me from set-ups to where to go. Hows Elelphant doing by ther way?

Thanks for the report

We're headed up there on Wednesday and staying until Saturday. I think with the stable weather this week, it should break wide open. I'll let you know how it went.

Keep them reports coming ;)

Fishing shutdown yesterday because of the cold front, but I heard Saturday was a different story. With stable temps this week and a warm-up, fishing should improve.