Sign in to follow this  
RoughCut

Search Help

Hey guys, I am trying to find past topics info on a certain unit but am having difficulty.

I want to see what has been said about unit 6a and 34a but when I type these items into the search field it tells me it has to be 4 characters long.

Am I S.O.L.?

THanks

Try typing in (unit) and see what you come up with

I tried and it doesn't return anything. Thanks for the suggestion. This is really frustrating as I know this forum has loads of info, but what is the use if you can't search for it?

That is cuz smart guys and gals don't mention the units! ;) ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :P

Best of luck in your search though! ;)

If you just search for the unit number, you will get this error msg:

The error returned was:

One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please go back and increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords.

Unfortunately the search has to be for something with more than 4 characters. So if you do a search for "6A" then nothing will show. I don't know a way around that, except if you remember something else about a post, you can type in that phrase (like Riley turkey or backpack deer hunt). But if you are searching for posts that you haven't read before, you can't really come up with a good phrase. If I get a chance, I will check with tech support and see if I can change a setting to allow for searching that are using words less than 4 characters long.

Some tips for using the search function.

Advanced Usage Help

Use Means

apple banana Find posts that contain at least one of these words

+apple +juice Find posts with both words

+apple -juice Find posts with 'apple' but not 'juice'

apple* Find posts with 'apple' and/or 'applesauce'

"Some Words" Find posts with the phrase 'some words of wisdom', 'some words' but not 'some noise words'