Sign in to follow this  
CouesKilla

Roosevelt Tourny

My brother and I are going to head up to watch these guys who actually know what they are doing. We were up there last Wednesday (very windy) and Thursday (good morning). Water temp was right around 59 degrees, so we thought we would have a good trip. Needless to say we only caught 4 fish over the day and half (one crappie and 4 bass). Forced to fish without a trolling motor may have had a lot to do with that.

I'm taking my bino's and going to steal some tips from the pros this weekend.

I am not going to run down to Roose

but may go check out the final weigh in at Wally World.

Be sure to were your CWT Tshirt ;)

Guest 300ultramag.

My brother ultra2 came down from MN. to fish this tourney.... as of today 3 of our camp were in the top ten I think 6 in the top 50 but that was at the 230 weigh-in, dunno know if it held up. As far as my brother he is a co-angler and had some difficulties getting any overs on the first day.......... Man I hope he knocks em' dead tomorrow he is a he-lla of a fisherman.. hes an Arizona native so he knows the lake but being out of state now hes gotta ride on the back of someones boat..... get em' BRANDEN, Devin, Todd, Doug, Mark ILL see u at the 430 tomorrow!

Beau

Seems a long way, 50 miles to Payson, to haul the bass in a livewell with no fresh circulation. What is done to reduce the mortality rate?

Doug they had some folks from the tourny on the radio talk show a couple weeks ago

and that came up.

I believe they said they have a 98.9% survival rate.

Guest 300ultramag.

The G&F has allowed for transportation of the fish on the final day.... (which is normally illegal to transport inAZ).

but additional livewells will be placed in the boats to better the chances of the lil fisheys for the final day of the tourney....... see u guys there!

Rock ON!!!!! Vu.... you the man.

Best of luck to you. Hey, when you get a chance to read this i was wondering if you bought those beavers from Jesse? keep it going. Make us proud in Tuc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!