Sign in to follow this  
COUESAZ

WTB Thule, Yakima

Looking to buy a car top cargo box to use on our Nissan Armada. I am looking for the locking box style. We are going to Yellowstone in july so i am looking to have it by then. I see a few on craigs list, but thought i would check on this site to see what you might have.

I have a Yakima that I have owned for MANY years. I liked it because it seemed like there were many components that were available & useful (bike, basket, canoe, etc...). I'm sure the Thule compents would be great as well though.

The reason I'm replying though, is that I have not used the rack in several years. I had an older model GMC Yukon (two door) that I used it for, but I now have a newer Yukon XL that has a pretty good rack on it already so I never use my Yakima anymore. I have the towers, bars, and a basket. Might have a couple of bike attachments to, but I haven't seen them in a while. I would sell the entire thing VERY cheap (like frankly, next to nothing...) if you wanted to explore that option. The one question would be the compatibility of the towers to your Armada (does it have rain gutters?) Even if you could only use the towers & bars, it might give you a start. I live in North Central Phx.

Let me know,

S.

:)

Our Armada has the bars that run the length of the roof. I just need a set of cross bars that strap to that and the cargo box. I am looking for the kind that is like the rocket boxes. I want to be able to lock it and keep our gear out of the weather. I will let someone know about your rack and basket though. They are looking for the basket style.

Got it, all good. Just taking-up space hanging on the garage wall, and has been for four years now.... So if your friend can use it, then I'll basically give it away.... The basket comes off easily..... Let me know.

Good luck!

S.