Sign in to follow this  
1couesfanatic

Found Game Camera

My Uncle found a game camera on the side of the road in unit 29. Please respond with the identifing information of the camera, and pictures. Please respond only if you are serious. The identifiers are very unique.

Well I'm going to try this one more time, before I send the camera back to the manufacturer.

Is it broken like it fell off a truck or something. I was just wondering why you are sending it in. Glad you are trying to find the owner, But if they do not find you somehow or them you it is yours. My 2 cents worth anyways.

the reason I would send it in would be when you buy a cam and register it with the manufacturer you have to put the serial number and all your address and contact info and if the person who bought/owns it registered it the manufacturer would know how to contact the owner!

I got you I did not think about the registration end of it and finding the owner that way. Good idea.

Who actually sends that little card in though? :huh: I know I have never sent anything back to a manufacturer to register for something I bought.

the let you bast cam I bought was a moultrei and you can register them online and they want the serial number and all contact info so you bet I did it these things cost too much, Im not saying itll do any good but at least it gives me someway to prove its mine in an instance like this. but +1 on the local authorities thing anything to protect yourself also!

does it have pictures of a bear ripping it off of a tree or a guy packing in a bag of corn..............oh wait sorry wrong thread.

Just kidding everyone, come on we all need a good laugh.

I have called the manufacturer and the camera is not registered. They do keep a list of lost cameras and I gave them the serial number. The manufacturer told me if I send it in to them and there is no contact information programmed into the camera they will keep it-refurbish it and resale it as a refurbished camera. I am making every effort to find the owner to save him some shipping costs. I thought foresure I would find the owner on this forum.

the reason I would send it in would be when you buy a cam and register it with the manufacturer you have to put the serial number and all your address and contact info and if the person who bought/owns it registered it the manufacturer would know how to contact the owner!

I would be MOST impressed if there was a customer service department so moved to contact the registered owner - if that owner actually registered the product... I rarely do unless I have warranty concerns.

your post on one or more boards or even craigslist - is sufficient due dillegance in my mind.

I found a camera on a sweet tank in 5bn - held to a tree with only a bungie. I posed and waved for the camera... but I doubt the camera will remain on that tree for very long.

nothing is safe anywhere anymore even if you lock it up, but I think it is great the way you are trying to find the owner cause sooner or later theyll find out its missing and where better to look than on here!!!