Sign in to follow this  
June

WATERDOGS!!

Howdy,

Have had great success in the pass using them for bass and catfish. Was down at saguaro tackle and archery today and thought I would make a trip to the lake with them. Anyone else have success using them. I know some people use only plastics. But for some reason. To me anyways, something alive in the water and in front of a predator fish. Should up your odds. what's your opinion? thanks.. Peace

Live bait will be 2 to 3 times more successful, especially if you work them in a lift and drop pattern.

Nightcrawlers, minnows, waterdogs, crawdads, if the fish are biting, you'll be catching.

Bugpluggers always have an advantage.

Kent

Used to use them for catfish all of the time. Haven't been able to find them very easily the last few years. Who is carrying them?

Richard at Liar's Corner in east mesa has them. Was in there Last Sat.

Kent

Never had much of a trouble finding them.... For me the issue has come down to paying the price point they have been hitting ... most places have been $16 - $22 a dozen and that is a lot of plastics... Spring Fishing with dawgs when those big females are moving up onto beds leads to lunkers but for me as it gets later on going into summer I prefer using plastics tend to be able to cover more water in targeting where those bad boys are hiding... If you know where you can get them for less than a buck a piece it would be great to know ....

Yeah, I've heard they have been pretty darn expensive over the last couple of years. There $14.99 at saguaro in Tucson. Is it better to hook them in the dorsal area or Tail. I have put the hook between their eyes, close to the lip before and that has worked OK. As far as plastics go. Yeah in the summer those frog looking critter's work pretty good also. Also, reaction innovation's baits work well. They have some pretty creative names for their baits. If you know what I mean. ;).. Peace