Sign in to follow this  
BML

Horn Growth

Just curious as to about where the horn growth should be this time of year?? I know there are lots of variables, but just trying to get a good educated idea. I have seen a few little bucks with just main beams growing out and balls on the end, but nothing else. I assume these bucks will be bigger than spikes, since they are growing out and not up, but really have no idea how big they might get. There is a buck in the same area that was around 90 inches last year and I am hoping to try to catch him on my trail cameras, if he is still alive.

Thanks for the tips!

Guest RutNHard

I spot lighted up a monster this week. He was wide and his points were already a few inches and you could tell hes gonna be a shooter. Anyways the points should be just coming out and balled up. If you have some inches already i think it could be a nice one. Good Luck!!

I am not certain, but I would figure at least 70% growth total. I know quality feed and moisture relates to total horn growth/mass buy the time they rub. The monsoons down here in southern AZ seems to be pretty skimpy so far. Last year at this time there was much more green growth?

Guest AZ>NMcouesaddict

We've been videoing some outstanding bulls this year. Horn growth depends on the bull not the time of year, IMO. I videoed a bull June 12th that my brother just filmed last night and he only put a few more inches on his main beams, so basically 95% done growing June 12th. Other bulls we've seen were basically done by the end of June. Then again in the last couple of weeks we've filmed bulls that have put some serious growth on in the last two weeks. Some of these 380 and better bulls will all end up in the same class, but had their growth spurts literally a full month apart. Kind of a long winded answer.