Sign in to follow this  
Flash

Taxidermist? Replica skulls

I'm looking for someone that mounts antlers to replica skulls. I see this offered in the taxidermist supply catalogs, but am having trouble finding someone that does it. Anyone know of someone or ever seen it done? Wondering how it looks. Thanks for the help.

I know a kid that works for a taxidermist in Lakeside that makes Coues skulls and does a dang good job at it. I haven't seen any with sheds attached yet though. I'll let you know if I do.

Here are three of mine that I did myself. It's pretty easy, no need to have some else do it. These kits are from Rinehart Taxidermy Supply Co and don't cost very much. The pedestals can also hang from the wall. They look real to me. The only problem I've had is the antelope skull turned yellow from sun exposure. I sealed the gap between the pedicles and the skull with Dap (white caulk) and it is hardly noticeable. I epoxied the anchor bolts (all-thread) into the antlers to be there forever. Antelope horn sheaths will come off easily after boiling the skull for a little while. I used plaster-of-paris on the antelope horn sheaths to install them on the skull.

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

It ain't a he, it's a supply company. John Rinehart Taxidermy Supply Company, a subsidiary of McKenzie Taxidermy Supply Co.

Order yourself a catalog at the bottom left of this page.