Sign in to follow this  
CB1

Gunsmith

Anybody know if a & a gunsmithing is still in business....darrin atkins and lars larson? If not, does anyone have a good gunsmith they use in the phx area you could reccommend, thanks Bob

I'm not sure if your interested in a guy in Tucson. But he's the best gunsmith I know of in Arizona. He's done a lot of work for my dad, my grandpa (who lives in ohio), and myself. Harry Lawson, LLC. in Tucson. His work is superior to almost any I've ever seen. And he's local. My dad had a .300 Savage converted to a .308 Winchester. It's the smoothest shooting .308 I've ever shot. And my grandpa had my .257 Roberts converted to a .257 Roberts Ackley Improved. PERFECT. Hope that helps. Harry is a real stand-up guy.

Harry Lawson's shop has done work for me that I've been very pleased with. I unfortunately heard that he passed a way. Can anyone confirm. I was told his son took the shop over.

Well that's some bad news ScoutM.. I was about to make a post about looking for a good 'smith here in Tucson, I read the post above yours, then I read yours..

Were you able to confirm that? I hope it's not true.

Harry passed away around 5 or 6 years ago. Randy (his son) runs the shop, and worked under his dad for years. My dad had a .300 Savage converted into a .308 (he calls it his Red Mist gun) and LOVES it. Randy does the same excellent quality of work that Harry did. The old man passed it all on. So don't hesitate to use Lawson's shop for stuff. Randy's work is the spitting image of his dads. Harry would be proud.