Sign in to follow this  
nighthawk

34b whitetail

So i put in for the some of the left over permits witch are all down south where i have not hunted a whole lot.. So i picked 34b because of the number of permits aloud and the number they had left... Has anyone hunted this unit and is the low number of permits due to the low number of deer??? Would it be a waste??

My brother-in-law must have put the wrong hunt number down so he and my sister have 34b tags. They got tag 1&2 :P there special.

I used to know a guy that live in that area, he alway said mostly all private and most rancher wont let you hunt on there property.

Should be interesting!

Guest 300ultramag.

Ill help you ALOT... Buy some cowboy boots maybe size 12 and come on my hunt we will climb the highest dang mountain in the area :lol: :lol: :lol:

When is ur hunt?

Beau

I was drawn for 34b last year, it is a tough hunt, but there are some whitetail in the area. I entered the area from I-10 in to the Emperita Ranch. You need to get a pass to enter. there is a combo lock on the gate, once you get the pass they give you the combo. The phone # to call and get a pass is (520) 877-6158. There are not many good camping spots, but there are a few wide spots in the road you can camp at. I was lucky enough to take a small buck, but only saw 3, the entire trip. There are a few good water holes, I would check those out. You may also want to scout low. I saw a nice whitetail buck much lower than I would have expected (but I didn't get a shot) Not much advice, but all I can say is Good Luck!