I sure am getting the bug to get out in the woods with my dogs. Anybody with any leads on NM grouse or eastern AZ, would be much appreciated. Good luck this season. gonhntn

Thanks Tommy. Give me a call on Sunday 575-494-5507, I'll give you a number to try for pigeons. Hows that pup doing? River is doing awsome. We are getting our dogs legged up for Montana after the elk hunts. Talk to you soon.

Gonhntn

I have run into grouse most often in the Pecos on Hamilton Mesa and that general area. I have also seen them in Unit 52, the Sargent, and around Taos and Red River

Thanks guys, we are looking foward to getting ourselves and he dogs legged up. Anybody know the Iron gate area in the Pecos? I have been getting some feedback on that area??

Thanks again, Gonhntn

We saw a few in Utah this last weekend while deer hunting. Heres a couple of pics I took. We were in Monticello, around 9k elevation.-Jeff

post-2457-1250712449_thumb.jpg

post-2457-1250712508_thumb.jpg

Nice pics. Great information guys. Hope to have some pics of our hunt after this weekend if all goes well.

Thanks, gonhnn

NM Blue Grouse hunt. We had a great weekend. This was a tough hunt for us desert dwellers. Hunting at 10,000 feet was brutal. We were able to limit out and each bird was well deserved. It was a great opener for our dogs. Gonhntn

post-532-1251343800_thumb.jpg

post-532-1251343862_thumb.jpg

post-532-1251343934_thumb.jpg

looks like a real downer...lol :lol:

thats great! thanks for the pics.now if you would just send me pics of "rio" all would be well..lol ;)

were going maerns hunting this year right?

thanks

AZMEAT