Sign in to follow this  
azshtr

270 help

Does anyone else shoot Fusion? I have been using them for a few years now and I am very impressed with them. Also, I bought about 7 different kinds of ammo and my gun liked them the best so that may be part of the bias.

edD270 the powder is IMR 4350, 58.5 grs. Barns 110 tsx tip at 3350 fps. That's through a chronograph. The rifle is a SPS 700 Remington, 22 inch barrel. I hope this helps you. You can go to Big Game Info and go to there big game info ballistics you'll get the drop info if you want. The B.C is .377 I believe.

+1 on the remington core-lok for my 270 great groups all the way out to 300 yards out of it!!!

That is what I am currently shooting.

So, with 130 grain factory core lockt rem. out of a stock bdl .270...how high at 100 yards should i sight in to be dead on at 350? Anybody?? Thanks

So, with 130 grain factory core lockt rem. out of a stock bdl .270...how high at 100 yards should i sight in to be dead on at 350? Anybody?? Thanks

Go to Remington's website, and download "Remington Shoot". It is a free software that shows all kinds of information similar to what you are looking for.

edD270 the powder is IMR 4350, 58.5 grs. Barns 110 tsx tip at 3350 fps. That's through a chronograph. The rifle is a SPS 700 Remington, 22 inch barrel. I hope this helps you. You can go to Big Game Info and go to there big game info ballistics you'll get the drop info if you want. The B.C is .377 I believe.

Thanks, Quest, I'll start trying to work up something in my Rem.700.

I hope it works for you EdD270. If you need to verify the load info you can call Barns at 1-800-574-9200. This is a high density load. What that means with this powder and load it fills the case and that's why I only went with 58.5 grs you could go more but I didn't like a case that full. So I tapped the side of my cases with my finger after I filled them with powder to settle the powder inside the case. Anyway that load shoots tight groups.

I hope it works for you EdD270. If you need to verify the load info you can call Barns at 1-800-574-9200. This is a high density load. What that means with this powder and load it fills the case and that's why I only went with 58.5 grs you could go more but I didn't like a case that full. So I tapped the side of my cases with my finger after I filled them with powder to settle the powder inside the case. Anyway that load shoots tight groups.

Thanks again. I use a lot of IMR4350 in my .270 and the wife's .243. I don't care for real hot loads, tend to be mid range, get good power and better accuracy, I think.

I would second the Remington Core Lokts if your going factory.

I use 130 grain sciroccos in my 270 WSM and love the accuracy. I am getting the best results from Reloader 19 powder on a Fed 215 primer. Couse are pretty thin skinned as far as big game goes so the Fusions, SST, Accubonds etc will work just fine. I do not advocate ballistic tips for anything but varmits.

I am torn this year to try some 140 Accubonds because they will perform better in the wind.

Different rifles group the same bullets differently. For instance, I really wanted to shoot the 115 gr. out of my .270. I took 8 different flat shooting rounds to the range and spent a day grouping all of them. My rifle grouped the 130 gr. Remington scirocco's the best and that is what I shoot out of my gun now. The last 5 deer have been killed at 300, 360, 375, 458, and 368 yds. I would take the time to try the different rounds that everyone here has mentioned, and see what groups best out of your gun. .....IMO...