Sign in to follow this  
couesdiehard

Are reloading supplies still scarce?

Last night spent some time doing inventory of my hunting reloads and supplies. Since my two sons were drawn for deer with me I plan on doing some extra practice shooting with them and possibly working up a lighter load for them to use. Well I discovered I only have a half pound of IMR 4831 left and I would like to get another pound. Is it still difficult to find powder and other supplies? Any suggestions?

Lee

I was in a Cabelas a couple of weeks ago and they had a good selection of bullets .30 caliber and below, a fair selection of primers and a wide variety of powders. All of the powder on display consisted of a single 1 lb. can of each type. I assume that they had more somewhere in the back...

I was at Sportsmans Warehouse in Tucson last Sunday and they had lots of ammo, but the reloading components were sparse. What bullets they had were mostly .30 and smaller, and the seklection of premium bullets was spotty. They had a fair variety of powder, but the most-used numbers were not in evidence (with a couple of exceptions). I didn't see any primers, but was not really looking for them. They could be keeping them behind the counter to deter hoarding...

You could go together with a few folks here and make a larger order from one of the mail order suppliers and split the haz mat fees among several people.