Coues Sniper

Which bino pack???

Looking to get a Bino pack but not sure which one to get. Was helping on a hunt last week and my buddy had the Badlands version. I'm not a fan of most of their packs, but the bino pack seems nice. The magnetic closure is pretty slick and seemed to keep dust out well. For those of you with experience with these, please chime in. Or if you know of any other good one out there, I'm all ears. I read the review on here that Jim did and there was some good info on both the AGC and Badlands, just looking for a bit more. Thanks.

Kevin

Looking to get a Bino pack but not sure which one to get. Was helping on a hunt last week and my buddy had the Badlands version. I'm not a fan of most of their packs, but the bino pack seems nice. The magnetic closure is pretty slick and seemed to keep dust out well. For those of you with experience with these, please chime in. Or if you know of any other good one out there, I'm all ears. I read the review on here that Jim did and there was some good info on both the AGC and Badlands, just looking for a bit more. Thanks.

Kevin

+1 I want to check out the badlands one as well, I have already seen the AGC one as jim white carries those, they are nice but I like the suspension on the badlands one as well, would like some testimonies on these two bino packs!

I have the AGC, wear it with a full pack backcountry hunting, wear it with a day pack. Works great, I have the smaller version and it holds my Minox 10X52 HGs very well, plus my gps, camera, headlamp, batteries, keys, ID. No more bounce while I walk or dragging if I'm crawling for an animal.

I have the AGC because Badlands used to make it until they decided to change it just enough to get by the patent and make their own version. Stuff like that irks me. Badlands is less money but not USA made or as well made, stuff like that is becoming important to me also.

Kent

I have the VAULT from BL.. it is okay.. it does it's job...

The magnetic strips are nice

it has some really nice pockets

the bow holder is pretty cool

You can add a small water bladder to it if you like to travel light.

lets see.. if you have 15x56 they will not fit...

if you have any questions just ask

I have the AGC because Badlands used to make it until they decided to change it just enough to get by the patent and make their own version. Stuff like that irks me. Badlands is less money but not USA made or as well made, stuff like that is becoming important to me also.

I agree Kent, that will factor into my decision as well. Thanks ;) Also, how does it seal to keep dust out?

the bow holder is pretty cool

You can add a small water bladder to it if you like to travel light.

if you have any questions just ask

A bow holder? And how does the water bladder attach? Their website doesn't have a description of the features <_<

wow these are some very good points has anyone tried to put a set of brunton 15x51's in the badlands they are smaller than most 15's!

Kevin, it does well with dust and water. The top snugs over even if I don't snap it shut. If I'm hiking I keep it unsnapped with just the lid over to keep out dirt and rain but easy to grab.

Here it is with my 8X32s, you can see the top shaped to fit snug.

DSC00443Medium.jpg

I was skeptical that the square of fabric you see on the log in the harness, would rub on my back when I had a backpack on, especially a heavy one. No problem, I've used it with a Greagory, Mystery Ranch and Eberlestock packs.

Kent

Arizonaelite, that's funny. I have the Brunton 15X51 and they are the same dimensions as my Minox and fit fine in the smaller version, no need for the large.

Kent

Arizonaelite, that's funny. I have the Brunton 15X51 and they are the same dimensions as my Minox and fit fine in the smaller version, no need for the large.

Kent

kent thanks I think you just helped me make my decision on these two packs

chad

Chad, good deal.

Heck I just looked for curiousity sake, haven't looked at the BL version in a while. It's 59.99, a penny cheaper.

Buy from Amanda, Buy from Amanda, Buy from Amanda............

Kent

Bow Holder... There is a little hook on the bottom of the case...

Bladder - On the back of the harness where the four pieces come together there is a little pouch that zips open... You just put your little bladder or water bottle in there and you are good to go...

Some of the guys are also getting rid of the harness all together and just attaching the VAULT to the chest strap of there regular backpack... if you are interested in getting one you can get one on the www.bowcast.com store.. I usually wouldn't steer you away from the CWT store but Amanda doesn't carry them...

If you have any questions let me know...

Kent - thanks for that. I just worry about my binocs getting dusty. I seem to always be hunting in the dustiest conditions imaginable. And don't worry, I'll most certainly order from Amanda if I decide on the AGC. I'd rather give my money to Jaret and Amanda than some company that farms their labor overseas anyday.

Jamaro - thanks. The bow hook seems like a strange idea, but could come in handy. One last question: I don't have a Badlands pack, and probably wouldn't want to have my binocs attached to my pack anyways, does the harness get uncomfortable while wearing a pack? It seems bulky, but I didn't get a chance to wear it with my pack. Thanks again.

You can pull the netting out that is used for the bladder so it lies pretty flat... I don't think it is uncomfortable but that is a personal decision... If your pack has a chest strap you just feed it thru...

J

Thanks for the plug Kent!! That's a great pic you took of your pack with all the gear in it!

Jaret (the maker of the AGC pack) seems like a really great guy. I have spoken with him a bunch and he is a pleasure to talk to and a serious hunter/outdoorsman and would sure appreciate the business. It's hard for a little guy to compete with a big company like Badlands, but I think Jaret makes an excellent product. And it's made in the USA! When he decided to have them made in the USA he knew the price would go up and that would hurt his sales and he still did it!

Amanda