Sign in to follow this  
300 wsm

Cheap cameras

Have any of you used those cheap wild game innovations cameras? Our Walmart up here has them for only 50 bucks. Just curious if they are worth it. The good thing about them is if they get stolen you are only out 50 bucks.

Had a buddy buy two. He set one up left it right next to one of his moultries. After a week he swapped out memory cards. The moultrie had over 50 pics of deer. The wal-mart cheapo had 0 pics. I think that camera is still hanging up in the woods a year later and the other one is sitting in his garage in the original package.

Hey Craig. Between my dad and I we bought three. they worked great. after two weeks we had 473 pictures on one and after a week we had 63 on another. and one got completly malled by a bear, but atleast we got a picture of him before he ripped it off the tree. Good buy if you ask me.

Im sure they work but you will be missing some of those pics that the others get. If you have a trail or something that attracts animals to a close specific spot then those would do the job.

I have a couple cheap ones and they work ok. They have a very slow trigger so be sure and set them on water or some thing the animal will be infront of the camera for a while.