Sign in to follow this  
jeffcros

My best buck to date

Heres a few pics from this last weekend, we packed in stayed the night on the mountain, sweated our tails off, glassed up alot of does, then at the last minute glassed up and shot this buck.

post-2457-1257823060_thumb.jpg

post-2457-1257823132_thumb.jpg

post-2457-1257823227_thumb.jpg

post-2457-1257823314_thumb.jpg

congrats on a nice buck

Jeff great Job! Gonna need a better story though amigo! Since we are only able to shoot one a year in AZ I am resigned to reading about everybody else's success! Way to go.

Nice buck!

So we packed in Sat morning straight up for a couple of hours, glassed up does. Then glassed so mulies in the flats. We moved, glassed, moved glassed, and glassed some more until dark. Just before dark we got to a little saddle with a big mesquite and some boulders for a wind break. We sat around boiled some water for our freeze dried meals, watched the fire, and got ready to do it again the next day. The weather was very warm and with the moon as bright as it was the deer were doing everything at night. Next day same as the first, later in the day my brother had to leave for work so we headed down the trail. That afternoon we did the usual, sit behind binos and look at the desert landscape of Southern AZ until about 4:30. That's when the deer suddenly appearded, does first then a couple of bucks. I decided that with a limited amount of time to hunt, I would have a go at them. I came up over the ridge and a white flag stood out against the darkening landscape. The first buck stepped out and dodged my first shot, the second found his rib cage but a little far back. My friend Orlando was still on him in the binos and said he had bedded down. I was losing light so I decide to sneak up and finish him. At about 50 yards he took off in a dead run, I hit him in the neck and flipped him completely over. He busted a point on the landing. Its funny how it can be slow one minute and action packed the next, This was only my second coues deer, I think I've missed 7 or 8 with my bow while stalking though. Ill post some pics when I get him back from the taxidermist.