Sign in to follow this  
billrquimby

Signing my books

Pardon this crass commercial announcement, but a couple of CWT members have asked when and where I will be signing my book, “Sixty Years A Hunter.”

For those who will be at the SCI convention in Reno next month, I'll be in the Safari Press booth on:

Wednesday January 20 from 10:30-11:30 am

Thursday January 21 from 4:30-5:30 pm

Friday January 22 from 10:30-11:30 am

Weatherby Award recipient David Hanlin also will be signing his “Around the World and Then Some” (which I helped write) at the same times.

I assume the booth will have my other books that Safari Press has published, including:

Arnold Alward’s “The Heck With It, I’m Going Hunting” (2003);

Watson Yoshimoto’s “Yoshi, The Life And Travels Of An International Trophy Hunter” (2003);

my own “Royal Quest, The Hunting Saga Of H.I.H. Prince Abdorreza Of Iran” (2004);

and Hubert Thummler’s “Wind In My Face, The Shikars And Safaris Of A Cazador de Mexico.” (2005).

My “The History of Safari Club International” was published by SCI and not Safari Press, but I’ll be happy to sign your copy if you bring it to the Safari Press booth. It was published several years ago and may or may not be on sale at the convention.

You also may want to attend the"Your First African Safari" seminar I've moderated for 21 consecutive years. Panel members are Craig Boddington (arms and ammo choices for Africa), Jack Atcheson (how to assure the best mounts and how to ship your trophies home), Johan Calitz (what to expect from your outfitter/PH, and what they expect from you), Beverly Wunderlich (tips on gear and travel and why you may need a booking agent) and Ludo Wurfbain (books to read before, during and after safari). It's scheduled for 10 am to noon on Thursday.

I look forward to meeting other CWT members. Stop by the seminar or the Safari Press booth and say hello.

Bill Quimby

Reno sounds like a good time. I'll have to wait until after Christmas to order your book, I'm really looking forward to adding it to my collection.

--Bill

Bill I would love to have a signed book from you

but I will be no where close to Reno or any where you may sign.

I am going on line now to look for your other books.

I donated all my hunting magazines to KRP to send to our troops

including my SCI catalogs so I will do a search.

Let us know if you will be in the Valley for a signing

and maybe I can have someone get me a copy.

Bill I would love to have a signed book from you

but I will be no where close to Reno or any where you may sign.

I am going on line now to look for your other books.

I donated all my hunting magazines to KRP to send to our troops

including my SCI catalogs so I will do a search.

Let us know if you will be in the Valley for a signing

and maybe I can have someone get me a copy.

There are no other book signings scheduled. Safari Press sells them only from its website and catalogs, and not in bookstores. I doubt that I'll visit Maricopa County in 2010 ... or should I say I hope I won't have to. Having to spend the winter in Tucson and fight its traffic is bad enough.

Bill Quimby