Sign in to follow this  
SO I HUNT

USERY ARCHERY RANGE SUCKS!!!!

How many bought the year pass and now have to pay to use the range?

My guess is that they can't make budget and need more money for the new building and that they would add more fees to the archery poeple! I talked to Jennifer Johston and was told they were the cheapest in the country and that was the reason for raising the fees. So the $75.00 we paid was for entering the park only? :lol: My pass says ACHERY ON IT AND NOT ANYTHING ABOUT CAR PASS OR ENTERING PASS ONLY!So now it will cost $115.00 per year to shoot there. Funny thing is all the targets are donated by other archery groups and buisness so what is it that they do?

To bad they have a lot of poeple that don't know what they are doing and the worse part is they are the ones running it. I've put a dispute on my credit card against them we'll see what happens?

The break down is:

Park Pass--- $75.00

Archery----- $40.00

This took effect Dec. 7, 2009

They have been trying to shut down the archery range for along time so they can put in more camp grounds, so looks like they are doing a good job running the archery guys off.

How many bought the year pass and now have to pay to use the range?

My guess is that they can't make budget and need more money for the new building and that they would add more fees to the archery poeple! I talked to Jennifer Johston and was told they were the cheapest in the country and that was the reason for raising the fees. So the $75.00 we paid was for entering the park only? :lol: My pass says ACHERY ON IT AND NOT ANYTHING ABOUT CAR PASS OR ENTERING PASS ONLY!So now it will cost $115.00 per year to shoot there. Funny thing is all the targets are donated by other archery groups and buisness so what is it that they do?

To bad they have a lot of poeple that don't know what they are doing and the worse part is they are the ones running it. I've put a dispute on my credit card against them we'll see what happens?

The break down is:

Park Pass--- $75.00

Archery----- $40.00

This took effect Dec. 7, 2009

They have been trying to shut down the archery range for along time so they can put in more camp grounds, so looks like they are doing a good job running the archery guys off.

Sounds like to me they need to compensate for the camping spaces that would be there if there wasn't a range. "So looks like they are doing a good job of running the archery guys off" and trying to keep finances in order to keep the whole park open too. , sounds to me like they are trying to make ends meet, and yes you just helped run some more of them off.... I'm looking into the future and see a semi sized RV where the targets once were. Did you speak with the manager about this? I'm betting there is a method to his madness as you see it.

Come up to Show Low, there is a nice range near porter mountain, I don't use it but I think it's like $10 a year? Was $5 when it was still on the main drag in town.

Maybe it would be cheaper to buy a land parcel then shoot at the usery, or spend the gas to go out in the woods and haul your own target?

Just trying to understand your gripe my friend.

Actually the county buy's their own target's now but yes the price hike is ridiculous to people that already have their passes there is alot of dispute's going on about this right now and people are and have the right to be pissed. They are supposed to have a pro rate system for people that have their passes but it's not happening so people showing their pass now are charged an extra $2.00 per person at the gate. So what I do is just ride with someone who has their pass and just pay $2.00 to shoot lol. They need to pull their heads out of their butt and work with the archers not run them off especially when the archer's are the majority of people that come to the park.

Actually we only have one county range in Tucson. I don't complain about it.

I guess I could do something to help make it better.

Actually $115.00 a year is not bad at Ben Avery is $ 7.00 each time you go if you do tha math 4 times a week is $28.00 a week, about $112.00 a month so what you spend at ben Avery a month you shoot all year at Usery.

look at the positive side.