Sign in to follow this  
Coues 'n' Sheep

Getting back in touch with my roots....

Well I decided a while back that I really miss some of the simple things I used to do like hunting ducks.... I also have wanted to try some creative cooking with them as well....

So a week or so back I got my stamps (yes you need 2 :rolleyes: <_< )... anyhow I went to my fav duck spot and completely Flub the whole deal... only got off two shots... missed them both... just STUPID mistakes and very rust on how to play this game.... :unsure:

Today I got all my stuff done and grabbed my box of shells and my shot gun and out the door I ran! I went to the same spot... it loaded with Mallards again.... the first Greenhead up, was the first down!... I swung past the rest and managed to miss the next two shots... :rolleyes: Still better than last time!! I went to check another spot.... nothing and was ready to head for home when the old cob webs cleared and I remembered another golden spot from years past.... as Me and Zip snuck up there I really figured there would be no other ducks today.... and Sha-Zam... there was 10 more Birds! I dusted the first Greenhead, but I guess it was not enough so as he rose up again I finished him and spun on the lead Greenhead and he splashed back to the water... I was gloating and forgot to get more shells in my 12 gauge... cuz there were still in range... well there will always be another day....

My best ever day of duck hunting three Greenheads.. What a Great way to spend an evening with my dog... and now I just need to teach him to retrieve.... :rolleyes:

The first one.... He is on his way to the Taxi! ;) I've always wanted a Pair of Mallards... Guess I'm gunna have to aim for a hen next time.

post-996-1261623852_thumb.jpg

All three...

post-996-1261623894_thumb.jpg

Sweet i went out today myself and managed a pair mallard drakes and a pair or mallard hens. My fav spot was taken by the farmers son( In which they never hunted ducks down there ever until i asked) so ii went to another spot and was it sweet. i jumped a pair and downed the drake and then the sky blackened with over 300 mallards and about 1000 squawking sand hill cranes.

Sweet i went out today myself and managed a pair mallard drakes and a pair or mallard hens. My fav spot was taken by the farmers son( In which they never hunted ducks down there ever until i asked) so ii went to another spot and was it sweet. i jumped a pair and downed the drake and then the sky blackened with over 300 mallards and about 1000 squawking sand hill cranes.

:blink: I've never seen that many at once except on TV... Awesome!

CNS,

thanks for sharing.good job on taking the greenheads.too many guys kill hens- let em go breed.let me know your secret to "clearing the rust" as i have missed so many geese over the last 2 weeks it makes me want to kick some rocks...lol :blink:

here's a quick one for the greenheads:

cube the meat into bite sized chunks.take strips of bacon cut them in 1/2 lay the 1/2 strip out place the chunk in the middle put a slice of a pepper of your choice i use Jalapeno's take a small scoop of cream cheese and put it on the chuck with the back of the spoon.wrap it up and use a bbq scewer put about 3-4 wraps on one screwer.cook on the bbq about 3 mins each side.serve with greens of your choice...........

man i need to get back out...lol hungry now

;)

AZMEAT