Sign in to follow this  
rclouse79

bow sighting

A have a quick question. When I sighted in my bow and had to max out the gang adjustment by sliding the entire sight down as far as it would go, and I still had to move the 20 yd pin down even further for it to be on. I bought a 7 pin sight and I can only use the first 5 pins because I run out of room at the bottom of the sight. I think has to do with my peep sight placement, but I moved the peep so when I draw to my anchor point I open my eye and am naturally looking through the peep. It is not a big deal for this season because I don't plan on using more than my first 4 pins when hunting, but I would like to figure it out for the future. Any thoughts?

My buddy had the same problem with his Cobra Boomslang sight (which I also shoot).. I asked him to email a photo of the setup to me, and I noticed that the mounting bracket (arm that holds sight to riser) was installed incorrectly. He had it flipped upside down. After I pointed out that it was upside down, he corrected it, and it solved the problem. Make sure it is installed correctly. I'm sure your anchor and peep are fine.