Sign in to follow this  
Guest firstcoues80inches

engraving in memory of...

Guest firstcoues80inches

i have recently inherited a 30-30 modle 94 winchester. it was my grandpas and he passed away on sunday. may he rest in peace. i want to engrave it in gold with his main phrase, "whats up doc." and his birthday till death date, any suggestions on where to go. should i shoot the rifle for his memory or should i put it in the closet? i want to shoot a deer and elk in his memory because he loved that gun and killed many animals with it? any suggestions?

casey

Casey,

I am sorry to hear your grandfather passed away. But it is great that you have his gun, what a great way to remember him! I don't know a good engraver, but I think that is a great idea. And I would NOT put it in the closet, I would use it and add memories to it. It's a great way to take your grandfather hunting with you. I have a shotgun from my father (who is still alive) and I love using it, knowing that it was his.

Amanda

Edited by CouesWhitetail

I too don't know of an engraver, but if you want to continue to shoot it I think that would be great. Take care of it and pass it along to one of your children when the time comes.

Arizona Griz.

Edited by Arizona Griz

Casey,

I think I would follow everyones advice and use that rifle. My Grandma just gave me a Wichester pump .22 that was my Grandfathers. He passed away before I was born. My Grandma and Dad used it for many years. I'm going to fix it up and when my kids are old enough to appreciate it I will give it to one of them.

Travis