Sign in to follow this  
bowhuntaz1

gold panning in the off season

Anyone here pan for gold in the off season. i take a few trips up to Prescott every year. I dont have alot to show; but I get out of the house and have some flakes, pickers, and a nugget to show for it...

post-3620-1263401997_thumb.jpg

post-3620-1263402167_thumb.jpg

I would love to. I havent been panning in many years. Problem is I dont know where to go anymore and I live in Queen Creek. I Have pans, sluice box, and a shovel. I do want to take my kids out someday (they are 5 and 3 now) to show them the riches of mother earth. Maybe this will be the year.

That's cool man!!

My ventures to my Uncle and dads public land gold claim a few times in N. CA was fun... I've only found a couple flakes....

You got me pumped to give it a solid effort, Nice Keep, From AZ to Boot!

Here are my two big ones. I have about 15 smaller ones and a bunch of fines and pickers so far. I have been at it for a few years now. I hunt with some of AZs best prospectors a few times a year. A friend of mine invented the trinity and hex pans and another the gold tube. I have pans, sluice boxes ,dry washers ,metal detector and a vack pack.

post-171-1263960042_thumb.jpg

Here are my two big ones. I have about 15 smaller ones and a bunch of fines and pickers so far. I have been at it for a few years now. I hunt with some of AZs best prospectors a few times a year. A friend of mine invented the trinity and hex pans and another the gold tube. I have pans, sluice boxes ,dry washers ,metal detector and a vack pack.

Your my new best friend... ;)

The prospecting will be great after this rain is done.