Sign in to follow this  
Sam

Redfield is back

In the February issue of "Shooting" magazine I read a review of the new Redfield 3X9X40mm scope. If you haven't heard, Redfield has been bought by Leupold, after closing it's doors in 1998. The review was great and I am excited to see this USA made scope back in production!!! I think this is a great scope for the price and the fact that it is made in Oregon is even better. Plus it has a lifetime warranty. Which I have used.

In 1979, I got my first rifle - a .243 Remington Mohawk 600. Brand new. We mounted a Redfield 3X9 on it. On one of my early hunting trips, I slipped and damaged the scope. Redfield stood by their warranty and replaced the scope, no questions asked. I don't use this rifle anymore, but I still have it in the gun safe - see picture below. If it wasn't for the muzzle blast, my daughter would be using it.

Anyway, just want to see what others think about the Redfield comeback and the product. They are also now making binoculars and range finders.

Anyone else glad to see it back?

post-3538-1264276804_thumb.jpg

I have an old Redfield on one of my guns, but I don't see the point. Maybe it'll sell a few scopes because of the nostalgia factor, but they won't be the same and, even if they were, I'm sure Leupold and other manufacturers make better scopes now than they made way back when. It's like Winchester rifles. It's just a name someone bought, but the product is not the same. Jack