Sign in to follow this  
Whitehntr

300 WSM Ammo opinions

I just bought a new Kimber 300 WSM topped with a Swarovski 6-18 TDS. Does anybody have any advice on what bullets to use. I reload so I am looking at what actual bullets and powders are a good choice. I want to lay them in there at long ranges. This gun is specifically for coues and bears. I want to have one consistant load to shoot both animals with accurately out to 500 or 600 yards. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

I have had good bullet performance on a few deer and half a dozen feral Texas hogs with 180 Sciroccos. 180 Accubonds would be another good choice.

A 150 grain Barnes TSX or Nosler Accubond would give you about 6" less drop at 600 yards than the 180's, and should still work on the black bears. I had difficulty getting the Hornady Interbonds to group out of 2 WSM's.

For powders, I have had good results with Ramshot Hunter, H4350 and H4831.

Right now I am trying to get a load built for 150 Accubonds fo the coues hunts, even though I have an accurate TSX load, but I like experimenting.

RR

i do not have a 300wsm, but rather a 270 wsm and have gotten gret accuracy with accubonds with h4831. also loaded up some sst's with some 4350 and that produced the best group my rifle has shot yet, three shots at .664