Sign in to follow this  
deerhunter

7mm Magnum Trajectory

Ok here we go. I have my Big Mulie on the wall. Now I need a Big Coues to put next to it. I have found them,but now I need to reach them and get drawn.(Hopefully this year)I have a Remington Model 700 in a 7 Mag. The wife just bought me a Range Finder for my B-Day. I made a nice target set-up. Could someone tell me the Bullet Trajectory on the 7 Mag or where I could find it. I will be using Remington 150 grain corlokt. Thanks. (At least I did not ask where the deer are at)

http://www.remington.com/pages/news-and-re...ballistics.aspx

They have the data on this link.

The best thing you could do though is go out to the range zero for 200 yards and figure out what the drop is at 300, 350 and 400 yards. After you figure that out figure out where to hold on your plex on whatever power you plan on shooting. Then get out to the desert and setup balloons at various yardages and practice that way.

Also when your practicing try to match your hunting conditions like altitude, air temp, and shooting platform. Also prone on a bolt on bipod or sittn using a tripod I think works best, and try to keep your cross hairs level when using your bullet drop reticles in your scope. Your first trip out shooting try not to go on a winding day, as you probally know, at extended distances your bullet drift will screw with you.

Have you looked at the Hornady Superformance round for that rifle? Seems like really decent ballistics with a 200 yard zero. Also, Double Tap makes a 140 grain Barnes Tipped Triple Shock that is supposed to launch at 3325 FPS ... significantly faster with higher energy than what you are using. Those TTSX Bullets have really good ballistics qualities too. Bet that is a FLAT shooter if it's as fast as advertised. I don't have personal experience with them, but it might be worth the cost of a box to see if they are any good (unless someone else here has experience with them ... good or bad).