Sign in to follow this  
BASS

A couple Elk Sheds

I found these above my trail camera, in unit 5B North. We found the small one, and as I was walking back to the quads, I saw the large one about twenty yards on the other side of the road. I then started doing circles trying to find the other side, or anything else. I didn't get to look for long, as the Flagstaff area was hit very hard with storms this past weekend, and no matter how long we tried to stay out there, we were sent running back to camp.

elkshed.jpg

elkshed2.jpg

BASS I have hit 5b hard looking for sheds this year. I have made 5 trips there this summer and have done close to 50 miles of hiking and still no sheds. I just dont understand. I am seeing bulls and cows but no sheds.

BASS I have hit 5b hard looking for sheds this year.  I have made 5 trips there this summer and have done close to 50 miles of hiking and still no sheds.  I just dont understand.  I am seeing bulls and cows but no sheds.

Where are you looking? Are you near the highway? I don't mean to make you mad, but I found these from the quads, as I was looking for a better look out to glass. :) They must be out there somewhere, as I have never seen so many big bulls in one little area.

I am getting up to 5 miles from any roads while looking. I am also taking some rough back country roads that not many people can get in on. I have seen a ton og deer and elk this year and even more bucks and bulls than normal.