Sign in to follow this  
azhuntnut

elk pics from scouting

Here are some pics I got of some elk I followed all morning while scouting for my archery hunt. I got some real good video, but I don't know how to post it. There was a 9x8 in this bunch, but I had a real hard time trying to score him. Plus he was a little camera shy. One 5x5 in the group scored over 310. Enjoy, David.

Dsc09488.jpg

Dsc09487.jpg

Dsc09486.jpg

Dsc09483.jpg

Dsc09482.jpg

Dsc09481.jpg

Dsc09475.jpg

azhuntnut, looks like your in for a great hunt! Good luck.

Mike

Thanks for showing off this bunch of bulls to us. I am sure they are the local trouble makers by the looks of that gang. I hope you can get the videos up for us as well.

Looks like you have done all your homework! Those all are great bulls, and wouldn't mind hanging any of them on my wall. It was also neat to meet a fellow CWT member face to face, great photos.

Bass, I was hoping you would stop and talk for a while at the country store.

One of the 6x6's in the group wasn't real long, but he had MASS all the way to the end. The video I took shows it pretty well. I also have a huge 7x7 located, but still need to get him on film. Hopefully he will say hi to my trail camera this week. I have some more groups located, but not enough time to film all of them. Next time I will get closer. I had to belly crawl about 200 yards just to get within 50 yards of these. The forrest service has clear cut everything by Flagstaff, so there isn't much to hide behind. David

David, we had a heck of a weekend! We went to 5b to get our camera out of there, and got the trailer stuck. Then we went to 6a, and got stuck three more times. After getting soaked we came home this morning, and helped get two other trailers unstuck on the way. Then at Happy Jack Lodge as we were dropping the trailer off the hail hit. We got nothing this whole weekend. The worst part.... I forgot to replace the batteries in the camera when I put it out last week! :huh: :lol:

-Kenny Bass