Sign in to follow this  
ShedHunter3

Unit 10 Mulies

a long time ago when I was going to school in Williams the back side of the threesisters was a good place. I stuck a lot of deer back then with a bow in that area. Just start walking over the hills from the ninth tee of the golf course. Scout it out first though it been 25 years sence I hunted there.

DCM

I've hunted unit 10 deer archery in December and January for many years now. Even in the winter the big bucks are hard to find in that unit. I've seen a few near 30" during that hunt but thats over about 5 years. Look around Williams corner, Aubrey Cliffs, Boquillas Ranch and Cataract Canyon. There are also good areas between with good bucks but there isn't too many deer in that unit...Good Luck.

I'll tell you what, you've got your work cut out for. I live and hunt 10 year around,

and I'll tell you what, very, very, very, very, few deer left, and the ones you see are anything but great. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this is as tough as a hunt can get. If you've got a tag, good luck, also the lands that are throughout 10 that are checkerboarded state/private are locked off by ranchers, one allows foot access and the rest are sticklers.

if I were you I would focus my time around Cataract Canyon. The country is rough but I think a guy could still find some good bucks there.